Located within close proximity to the council chambers, Penrith city library and Westfield shopping centre and fully refurbished in 2005, the Joan offers spaces for events of all sizes, including a 550 seat concert hall, 378 seat drama theatre, 90 seat performance studio, 2 Foyers, 2 Bars and 27 Meeting Rooms.
Spaces and Capacities
- Atrium Foyer – exhibitions only
- Malcolm Borland Foyer (250 standing/100 seated)
- Allan Mullins Studio – up to 75 seats
- Richard Bonynge Concert Hall – 550 seats (including 4 wheelchair spaces)
- Q Theatre – 374 seats + 4 wheelchair spaces
- Ensemble Room 1 (15 max)
- Ensemble Room 2 (15 max)
- Ensemble Room 3 (15 max)
- Board Room (14 max)
- Orchestral Room 1 (70 max)
- Orchestral Room 2 (70 max)
- Studio Rooms (18)
Q Theatre - Technical Information
The Q Theatre is located on level one of The Joan, accessible by lift or stairs. Built as part of The Joan’s redevelopment in 2005 and opened with a specially commissioned musical, Somewhere, by Tim Minchin and Kate Mulvany, the Q Theatre seats 378 people, with great views from all angles.
Richard Bonynge Concert Hall
Allan Mullins Studio
Allan Mullins Studio - Technical Information
A flexible black box studio space seating up to 90 patrons.
- Comprehensive Allan Mullins Tech Specs and Venue Guide
- Plan views – Lx grid at 3.8 m above stage floor