COVID-19 UPDATE 1 April 2022
The Joan is a registered COVID-Safe venue. All visitors (patrons, artists, students, contractors, staff, volunteers and other personnel) must comply with current Public Health Orders and PP&VA Policy when entering our venues.
The health and safety of everyone at PP&VA venues remains our top priority, and we’re grateful to our community for working together to help keep everyone safe. We follow NSW Government Health advice as well as our own risk assessment processes and policies to ensure we are providing the safest conditions for our audiences, visitors, volunteers, students and staff.
Here’s what you need to know about visiting The Joan and Penrith Regional Gallery:
- We strongly recommend that all visitors be fully vaccinated.
- We strongly recommend face masks are worn by all over 12 (unless exempt) and are encouraged for those under 12 years of age as well.
- Please check in using our QR code – it’s not required but it helps in identifying exposure sites.
- We strongly recommend patrons to maintain a safe social distance, you may move to seats away from others once the audience is seated. If in doubt our friendly ushers are there to help.
- Our air conditioning system has a UVC system in place for added sanitation and safety; and
- By staying local, you decrease your travel and exposure to risk!
We encourage everyone to take precautions and to monitor your health to ensure we all stay safe. Please check the Health and Safety Guidelines for more detailed information.
While our focus is on sharing the live performance experience; we do so with a spotlight on the health and safety of everyone in our community, from our patrons, staff and artists to the many artsworkers, students, teachers, friends and family members who come through our doors.
The Joan is a registered COVID-safe business. We’ve put measures in place to keep you safe, so you’ll notice a few things are different on your next visit. We will be operating within a set of COVID-safe guidelines, and will continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. Our COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes.
These safety measures won’t get in the way of your enjoyment of the show, but will allow you to enjoy the experience knowing you’re in safe (and very clean) hands.