COVID-19 UPDATE 19 January 2022
The Joan is a registered COVID-Safe venue. All visitors (patrons, artists, students, contractors, staff, volunteers and other personnel) must comply with current Public Health Orders and PP&VA Policy when entering our venues.
The health and safety of everyone at PP&VA venues remains our top priority, and we’re grateful to our community for working together to help keep everyone safe. We follow NSW Government Health advice as well as our own risk assessment processes and policies to ensure we are providing the safest conditions for our audiences, visitors, volunteers, students and staff.
Here’s what you need to know about visiting The Joan and Penrith Regional Gallery:
- All visitors* attending ticketed events in enclosed spaces – such as lessons, workshops, or performances in theatres – must be fully vaccinated and able to show proof of vaccination or a medical contraindication certificate on entry to the venue. This applies under PP&VA policy, in place until at least 31 March 2022.
- Visitors to Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest and Café at Lewers will not be required to show proof of vaccination unless attending events in enclosed spaces where distancing cannot be maintained. These include workshops, lessons and ticketed events. This applies under PP&VA policy, in place until at least 31 March 2022.
- Face masks must be worn by all over 12 (unless exempt) and are encouraged for those under 12 years of age as well.
- Please check in using our QR code – it’s not required but it helps in identifying exposure sites.
- We are increasing the ability for patrons to maintain a safe social distance by limiting capacity and increasing spacing between parties in our theatres for imminent shows.
- Our air conditioning system has a UVC system in place for added sanitation and safety; and
- By staying local, you decrease your travel and exposure to risk!
We encourage everyone to take precautions and to monitor your health to ensure we all stay safe throughout the summer and beyond. Please check the Health and Safety Guidelines for more detailed information.
*People aged under 16 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated family member. Proof of vaccination must be provided.
While our focus is on sharing the live performance experience; we do so with a spotlight on the health and safety of everyone in our community, from our patrons, staff and artists to the many artsworkers, students, teachers, friends and family members who come through our doors.
The Joan is a registered COVID-safe business. We’ve put measures in place to keep you safe, so you’ll notice a few things are different on your next visit. We will be operating within a set of COVID-safe guidelines, and will continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. Our COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes.
These safety measures won’t get in the way of your enjoyment of the show, but will allow you to enjoy the experience knowing you’re in safe (and very clean) hands.