The health and safety of everyone at PP&VA venues remains our top priority, and we’re grateful to our community for working together to help keep everyone safe. We follow NSW Government Health advice as well as our own risk assessment processes and policies to ensure we are providing the safest conditions for our audiences, visitors, contractors, volunteers, students, staff and other personnel.
In accordance with NSW Health regulations, The Joan is operating at 100% capacity. There will be no vacant seats between bookings in seated indoor venues for all events at The Joan.
Here’s what you need to know about visiting The Joan and Penrith Regional Gallery:
- All visitors* attending ticketed events in enclosed spaces – such as lessons, workshops, or performances in theatres – must be fully vaccinated and able to show proof of vaccination or a medical contraindication certificate on entry to the venue. This applies under PP&VA policy, in place until at least 31 March 2022.
- Visitors to Penrith Regional Gallery, Home of The Lewers Bequest and Café at Lewers will not be required to show proof of vaccination unless attending events in enclosed spaces where distancing cannot be maintained. These include workshops, lessons and ticketed events. This applies under PP&VA policy, in place until at least 31 March 2022.
- Face masks must be worn by all over 12 (unless exempt) and are encouraged for those under 12 years of age as well.
- Please check in using our QR code – it’s not required but it helps in identifying exposure sites.
- We are increasing the ability for patrons to maintain a safe social distance by limiting capacity and increasing spacing between parties in our theatres for imminent shows in January.
- Our air conditioning system has a UVC system in place for added sanitation and safety; and
- By staying local, you decrease your travel and exposure to risk!
We encourage everyone to take precautions and to monitor your health to ensure we all stay safe throughout the summer and beyond.
Please check the Health and Safety Guidelines for more detailed information.
*People aged under 16 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated family member. Proof of vaccination must be provided.
What we are doing to help – And how you can help us:
- Theatres will be open 30 minutes before the show to allow plenty of time for patrons to be seated.
- Masks and sanitiser will be offered to patrons, temperature checking may take place, and COVID-safe terms and conditions are published on our websites, with supplementary signage in our venues.
- Our floors will be marked to manage queuing and movement throughout.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the venue.
- Posters with health & safety guidelines will be displayed in the venue.
- Furthering our existing high standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols, Penrith Performing & Visual Arts has introduced routine measures of frequent cleaning before during and after events. This will include the frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces such as door handles, push plates, handrails, lift buttons, toilets and any other surface identified as being touched by people.
- Practise physical distancing wherever possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitiser (including before and after eating).
- Sneeze or cough into elbow.
- Do not attend if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID and/or have been in contact with a confirmed case.
- Do not attend if you have been instructed by NSW Health to stay-at-home, within your LGA, or any other restriction.
- Remain in your allocated seat for the performance.
- Use the print at home function for your tickets, or show them on your phone. We will not be providing printed tickets unless in special circumstances, and in those cases we will minimise ticket handling for safety.
- Please be kind to our staff – they are there to help you enjoy your visit. Please don’t give them a hard time about the necessary changes to your theatre visit.
Our Theatre Bars
- Queuing for bar service will use 1.5m physical distancing.
- During busy times two bars will be open pre-show to avoid overcrowding the foyer areas.
- We encourage cashless payments.
- Tables, chairs, stools and high touch surfaces will be sanitised after every use.
- Glassware will be washed in a commercial dishwasher after each use.
- Self-serve water stations will be unavailable to minimise touch points.
It is the responsibility of every individual to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you have experienced cold or flu like symptoms in the last 14 days, have a temperature and/ or been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, it is our right to refuse you entry into our venue. The health and safety of our patrons and staff is extremely important to us. Please contact us before your event if any of the above applies to you.
We continue to closely monitor and adhere to the regulations and advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health and in accordance with NSW Government guidelines. PP&VA’s COVID Safe plans will continue to evolve as the health advice changes. Please refer to NSW Health for ongoing COVID-related Public Health Order updates.