Roads and Maritime Services are upgrading Mulgoa Road, Penrith – from Union Road to Museum Drive including Railway Bridge. This requires a closure of Castlereagh Road under the railway bridge between Museum Drive and Jane Street for the weekend of 24-27 May 2019.
Over this weekend we have two key performances on at The Joan – Penrith Symphony Orchestra’s Grieg, Rautavaara & Sibelius concert on Saturday 25 May at 8pm, and Penrith Youth Orchestra with Musicians from the Australian Chamber Orchestra on Sunday 26 May at 3pm.
We are providing this information so patrons attending these concerts can plan their travel if they are affected by the closure.
- All vehicles will be detoured away from under the bridge to the nearest suitable cross streets.
- Traffic control and a reduced speed limit of 40 km/hr may be in place.
- Vehicles heading north/south are detoured to The Northern Road and directed to use Andrews Road.
- Vehicle journeys to shops in Penrith CBD are advised to use The Northern Road and High Street.
- Expect delays.
- Visit LiveTraffic.com to plan your route.
- Give yourself extra travel time this weekend.
- Consider shopping earlier in the week to avoid weekend delays.
- If attending sporting or cultural events, plan ahead.